First Aid Class in English
- Class takes place at Moosfeld
- Free Eye Test after the class
- No refunds
Transfer of driver's license from USA
Check below to know what rule applies to each state.
German Driving Licence
For driving any vehicle, driving licence is mandatory in Germany. The rules for getting a German driving license vary where you come from. It’s tricky for expats to get German driving license. If you have your own driving licence, you can drive any vehicle legally in Germany with your existing licence for atleast six months after residing in Germany. German driving licence application usually takes times between four to six weeks to process.
Introduction To Getting a German Driving Licence
German licence is just equivalent to a license from a non-EU member state. If you have a grant from a non-EU part state, you need to consider how long you are going to stay in Germany.
- You can use your foreign license, if you stay for fewer than six months.
- You need to get an extension for your international permit from the local Driver’s License Department after six months, if you stay in Germany for six to twelve months.
- You need German driving license, if you stay for longer than twelve months.
If you are going for the theoretical test for the German driving license, don’t take it easy. Almost all students gets fail in this multiple choice exam on their firsts try. To preparing for theoretical test, there are several textbooks, guides, and software packages available for the exam preparation.
Applying for German driving license can be expensive, as according to law candidates have to take lot of mandatory classes. If you know driving but you need practice for exam preparation, you can ask your instructor if he/she can offers some special classes or lessons for experienced drivers. Also licenses for young drivers or someone who drives truck, bus, or motorcycle have some extra conditions.
Once you become able to exchange your old permit for a German driving license, you need some important following documents.
- An official translation of your foreign driving permit
- An application form for a German driving vehicle license
- A passport or any ID card (and two photos)
- Your German residence permit
- A statement you received from your driving instructor that you passed the written exam or the road test.
- Proof that you have already taken a first-aid class recently
- Proof that you have passed a medical vision test
Checklist for getting German Driving Licence
- Driving Licence Application form (from the School)
- First Aid class certifcate
- Passport photos
- Eyesight test results
- Translation of your licence to German
- Original Driving Licence
€68,50 processing fee
- Meldebestätigung: Your first registeration in Germany (including date of entry and country of origin, obtain this from the Ausländerbehörde
Topics covered in the 14 Theory Classes
Personal requirements / risk factor human
- Physical abilities
- Limitations of physical abilities
- Illegal drugs and medication
- Self-image; driving ideals and driving roles